Saturday, April 23, 2005

Rockville Pike By Susan Coll

Just finished the book.   Rockville Pike It is a humorous novel. I am glad I had put a hold on this book at the Montgomery County library.

I like the character Uncle Seymour who gives away furniture when he hears a sob story. The mystery of Delila. The authenticity of the setting in Rocville a town in Maryland just adjoining DC. I adore the fact that this story is based on my adopted home town Rockville. The Soccer moms and their mini vans ( Honda Odessey) The unexplainable credit card charges. The Fed employee who pays her personal bills with the fed. credit card, it all seems like something that we have all heard before.

I hope I run into Susan Coll one day in Rockville and compliment her on a good book.

If you choose to you can buy the book Rockville Pike here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home